Our Commitment to Your Security
Awning Ace Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (hereinafter may be referred to in the policy as "We", "Our" or "Us").
- How we use your data
- What personal data we collect
- Who we may share your data with
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- Your rights relating to your personal data
We take personal information and our website users security very seriously. As such any and all personal information we hold is secured and/or encrypted. All online transactions are completed through our third party payment processors - PayPal & WorldPay, one of the largest and most respected payment processing companies. We do not capture, store or have access to your complete card information and are limited only to the personal information needed to process and despatch your order(s). All other personal information is processed securely through our payment/platform partners.
What information we may collect:
Awning Ace Limited has partnered with Klarna to offer you additional payment options. In order to complete these payment methods, we may need to, within the checkout process, pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna. This enables Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment solutions and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice.
When/If a customer places an order through our website, the information you enter will be stored in each individual order. Although the precise details of the personal information collected will vary according to the specific purpose for which we are collecting it, we may store and process the following data about you:
- Full Name
- Email address
- Billing address
- Delivery address (if different from billing address)
- Contact telephone number
- Company name (if applicable)
- VAT number (if applicable)
- The IP address (hostname and its country location)
- The device used (such as mobile, tablet or desktop)
- Date and time of order
- Payment method (no payment information, such as credit card number, is ever stored within our site or servers. This information is always stored separately by our secure payment providers).
- Order Value
- Shipping method
- Activity on the order, such as the date and time the order was picked, packed and completed by our staff
- Customer type (New customer, returning customer or guest)
- Product order details
Other information sources:
If you contact us by phone, email or otherwise and is provided voluntarily, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Information that you voluntarily provide to us by filling in forms on our social media pages or on our website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with a purchase, product, service or website.
How we may use this information:
We require this information to process your order and verify any purchases made. We may also use this information to better understand our site visitors and provide you with a better service; in particular for the following reasons:
- Order processing and business record keeping
- Company accounts and VAT returns as required by law
- Analysis to improve our product range and services.
- Promotional email marketing using the email address you have provided, only when opted in for such marketing services.
- We may use your personal information to contact you if there are any urgent safety or product recall notices to communicate to you where we otherwise reasonably believe that the processing of your personal information will prevent or reduce any personal harm to you. It is in your vital interests for us to use your personal information in this way.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and other procedures to safeguard and secure the information we may collect online.
All data processed through our platform is done so through highly secure servers provided by Bluepark Solutions Limited, which are located within RapidSwitch’s highly acclaimed and industry-leading data centre in Berkshire, UK. Rapidswitch provides world-class resilient infrastructure with multiple levels of security, including 24-hour monitoring, CCTV, and restricted access.
Should we or our service provider partners ever experience a data breach, we will inform all affected customers immediately. As required, we will also inform the ICO (Information Commissioner's Office) within the specified 72 hours if it is likely that there will be a risk to people’s rights and freedoms. For instance, if personal data has been stolen or passed on to an unauthorised party.
Awning Ace Limited has ensured we have a full data processing agreement with all our third-party suppliers, full details are available upon request. For more information on our security procedures please contact our DPO using the form provided below.
- our trusted service providers acting on our behalf who provide services such as web hosting, web analytics and integration, order fulfilment, data analysis including data personalisation, infrastructure provision, email marketing data, review sites of our services, auditing services and other services to enable them to provide services;
- our courier companies who deliver your orders;
- third party suppliers who manage our drop shipping and order fulfilment services.
- third party suppliers who manage our secure payment platform and credit card processing.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Awning Ace Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We monitor and audit our service providers to ensure they have an adequate level of protection as required under the PCI DSS;
- Credit and debit card payment transactions are initiated on our website via our online shopping basket or through a secure WorldPay payment portal, both with full SSL and PCI security features.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. For registered users who have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are solely responsible for keeping this password confidential. We encourage you not to share a password with anyone.
- advertising, selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- customers, employees and other individuals protection and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- limited promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- to better understand our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- fully complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- helping to prevent, investigate and detecting copyright theft, criminal activity, fraud or anti-social behaviour and providing evidence to prosecute offenders, including working with the police and other law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- protecting us and our employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to us;
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Controlling your personal data:
Your rights to access the data we hold on you.
Right of access means that you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
Customers who have created an account on our website can access the data we hold about them by logging into their account. Information such as your IP address and the last time you logged in to our website can be supplied on request. Customers who checkout using the Guest Checkout feature will obviously not be able to access their data via an account but order data can be supplied upon request.
The right to rectification
Right of rectification means that you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Customers who have created an account can change any information stored about them within the Personal Information section of their account. Data stored in a customer's order can be changed, upon request.
The right to be forgotten
All customers and user account holders have the right to be forgotten and their data removed from our system. To make this as easy as possible we recommend you use the form below to request a data purge. Please note, however, your details will still remain on any orders you have placed due to VAT regulations. This is because VAT records must be kept for at least six years from the date of creation as described in the VAT Act 1994 and HMRC Notice 700/21 October 2013.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you want the information to be used by our organisation for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing our DPO at: email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the EU's GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) law. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the DPO at the address shown below.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, or use this form (below) to contact our data protection officer. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Additionally, you have the following inherent data protection rights:
- The right to the restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- The right of portability, gives you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- The right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing and direct mailing.
- The right to object to automated processing, including profiling, furthermore you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
How long do we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Data back-ups can take up to 21 days to completely remove specific data from our system. However, we will take reasonable steps under Article 17 of the GDPR to meet data subject requests.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
For any queries regarding our service, data use, security and policies please contact us via the form below, by telephone on 01543 877506 between 10am-4.30pm (Monday - Friday) or post to:
Our company details are:
Awning Ace Limited
Unit 16 Brindley's Business Park
Registered in England No 10598772
Data Protection Officer:
Awning Ace Limited
Unit 16 Brindley's Business Park